Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Maulin Vasavada <ma...@gmail.com> on 2021/10/11 05:54:16 UTC

[DISCUSS] CEP-17: Add support for PEM based key material for SSL

Hi all,

I would like to start this discussion thread for the CEP-17
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CASSANDRA/CEP-17%3A+Add+support+for+PEM+based+key+material+for+SSL>.
I think it would be a great addition to support a commonly used format for
private keys and trusted certificates for SSL configurations.

Thank you.
Maulin

Re: [DISCUSS] CASSANDRA-17031: Add support for PEM based key material for SSL

Posted by Derek Chen-Becker <de...@chen-becker.org>.
Sorry, I just wanted to view the JIRA ticket and comment

Thanks!

Derek

Posted by Maulin Vasavada <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Derek

Posted by Derek Chen-Becker <de...@chen-becker.org>.
Hi Maulin,

Posted by Maulin Vasavada <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 Dinesh. It will be like that. For client and server both encryption
options you can choose different key material types. I'll raise a PR soon
and you can check the tests I've.

Thanks
Maulin

Posted by Dinesh Joshi <dj...@icloud.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Maulin Vasavada <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] CEP-17: Add support for PEM based key material for SSL

Posted by Maulin Vasavada <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dinesh Joshi <dj...@icloud.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Stefan Miklosovic <st...@instaclustr.com>.

Posted by "benedict@apache.org" <be...@apache.org>.