Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Clarence Gardner <cl...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/24 21:06:49 UTC

unsubscribe

I wish the website had unsubscribing instructions. And that messages
included an indication of which list they came from.

RE: unsubscribe

Posted by sathyavageeswaran <sa...@morisonmenon.com>.
I have been trying to unsubscribe for past 4 months unsuccessfully.

If anyone could help? All usual suggestions are of no use.

Posted by bharath vissapragada <bh...@gmail.com>.
Just a blank mail will do !

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 2:20 AM, Clarence Gardner <cl...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks. I saw that link (which is a mailto: link that doesn't work on my
> mac and doesn't show the value in my browser).
> And the messages show up in gmail as "from harsh@cloudera.org via
> hadoop.apache.org".
>
> Can you tell me the message I need to send to unsubscribe? (That's what I
> mean by the lack of "instructions" on how to unsubscribe.)
>

> On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 12:28 PM, Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Clarence,
>>
>> The website does have unsubscribe link at
>> http://hadoop.apache.org/mailing_lists.html#User for every list. Did
>> you try mailing after clicking on the link? Did it not work?
>>
>> And every email the list sends out, has a "from" address in it you can
>> refer back on the same page. Personally I like it if the list doesn't
>> prefix its name to every email subject.
>>
>> On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 1:36 AM, Clarence Gardner
>> <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I wish the website had unsubscribing instructions. And that messages
>> > included an indication of which list they came from.
>>

>> --
>> Harsh J

Bharath .V
w:http://researchweb.iiit.ac.in/~bharath.v