Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Nuno Guerreiro <nv...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/26 17:36:24 UTC

Interop issue between WSS4J and WSE2 - wrong namespace in Adressing

Hi,
  I'm using WSS4J 1.1.0 plus Axis 1.2.1 to invoke a .Net Web Service.
Security on the server side is implemented by Microsoft's Web Services
Enhancements package (WSE 2.0 SP3), using the declarative model.
 WSS4J generates addressing elements (like MessageID, To, Action, etc.) from
namespace "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing", but WSE2
expects it to belong to namespace "
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/03/addressing" (notice the subtle
difference in the month portion).
 I've been searching the Web for a way to solve this, but so far I haven't
discovered how. What puzzles me is that I see many WSS4J SOAP samples with
the "...2004/03..." namespace.
 Below is an excerpt of my client-config.wsdd file, where I explicitly use
the "...2004/03..." during handler configuration, but without any effect:
   <handler type="java:
org.apache.axis.message.addressing.handler.AddressingHandler">
<parameter name="referencePropertyNames"
value="{Element}{
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/03/addressing}MessageID;{Element}{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/03/addressing}ReplyTo;{Element}{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/03/addressing}To"
/>
</handler>
    Thanks in advance,
   Nuno Guerreiro

Re: Interop issue between WSS4J and WSE2 - wrong namespace in Adressing

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
FYI,  2004/08 is the one used in WSE 3.0 CTP and Indigo previews.
wss4j does not add these headers, my guess is you are using the
addressing jar from http://ws.apache.org/addressing/. there is a
switch there to set the version to 2004/03. please check the sources
of that project
(http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/addressing)

thanks,
dims

--
Davanum Srinivas : http://wso2.com/ - Oxygenating The Web Service Platform

Re: Interop issue between WSS4J and WSE2 - wrong namespace in Adressing

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Davanum Srinivas : http://wso2.com/ - Oxygenating The Web Service Platform