Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2011/01/24 23:37:36 UTC

A few questions re: differences in uima-as 2.3.1-rc1 bin and 2.3.0 (merged)

I compared the uima-as 2.3.0 (after merging with the underlying base uima sdk)
and the corresponding 2.3.1-rc1.

Some diffs:

1) 2.3.0 has a top level amq directory; is this no longer needed in 2.3.1?
2) (expected) activemq release changed from 4.1.1 to 5.4.1
2a) the rc1 has a file "credentials-enc.properties" with an activemq.password
value - is this OK?
2b) the rc1 has bin for linux x86/32 & 64, macosx and win32.  Is a win64 missing?
2c) the 4.1.1 has bin commands: browse, bstat, kp, list, query, shutdown, which
the 5.4.1 doesn't have.  Is this OK?

I scanned the rest of the differences, and they look reasonable to me.

-Marshall

Re: A few questions re: differences in uima-as 2.3.1-rc1 bin and 2.3.0 (merged)

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.
Marshall, regarding 2a) there is nothing for uima-as user to do unless
he/she want authentication turned on. I've ran uima-as example code ok with
the default configuration. Setting up security is documented in AMQ here:
http://activemq.apache.org/security.html. Not sure what else can we say. I
know that file is being accessed by AMQ, since it complains if the file is
removed. We just provide a default configuration that works with no changes
needed. I have not tested AMQ authorization and authentication mechanism.

- Jerry C

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.
Marshall,

#1 Do you mean that 2.3.0 has UIMA_HOME/amq directory? If so, I have no idea

#2 expected

#2a This is OK, Per AMQ doc: