Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Erik Anderson <ea...@pobox.com> on 2020/01/16 22:05:00 UTC

NiFi using HiveQL in secured kerberos environment with Zookeeper connection string - failing

I am 100% running into this issue.

Failed to process session due to org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Could not open client transport for any of the Server URI's in ZooKeeper: Unable to read HiveServer2 uri from ZooKeeper): org.apache.nifi.processor.exception.ProcessException: org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Could not open client transport for any of the Server URI's in ZooKeeper: Unable to read HiveServer2 uri from ZooKeeper)

I am assuming this hasnt been fixed? Any pointers to fixing it?

Erik Anderson
Bloomberg

Re: NiFi using HiveQL in secured kerberos environment with Zookeeper connection string - failing

Posted by Matt Burgess <ma...@apache.org>.
Erik,

It's been fixed in Hive 3, and even though the Hive 3 components don't
come with the distribution of Apache NiFi (due to size concerns), they
can be added manually from the Apache repository [1] [2]. The issue
was fixed in Hive 2 but NiFi does not have a Hive 2 bundle, so if you
are running into NIFI-2575, IMO the solution is to upgrade to Hive 3
and add the NiFi Hive 3 components (the API NAR and the Hive 3 NAR).
I'm not sure if there is a vendor-specific distribution that fixes
this for Hive 1...

Regards,
Matt

[1] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases/org/apache/nifi/nifi-hive-services-api-nar/