Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org> on 2011/03/25 00:29:29 UTC

Hadoop project wins MediaGuardian Innovation Award

The Hadoop project won the top MediaGuardian Innovation award. The
article is below:

Groundbreaking open source project wins top MediaGuardian Innovation
Award.

All of the contributors should be very proud of this award. Three
members of the Hadoop Project Management Committee were there to
receive the award on behalf of the project.

I've been working on Hadoop full time since the beginning and it has
been a pleasure working with such bright and dedicated engineers. It
takes a village to raise an elephant from a prototype that runs on a
few nodes to the project that is disrupting the big data industry.

Congratulations Hadoop team!

-- Owen

Re: Hadoop project wins MediaGuardian Innovation Award

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
On 28/03/11 19:28, Owen O'Malley wrote:

> On Mar 24, 2011, at 4:29 PM, Owen O'Malley wrote:
>
>> The Hadoop project won the top MediaGuardian Innovation award.
>
> I've put up some pictures of the event at:
>
> http://developer.yahoo.com/blogs/hadoop/posts/2011/03/hadoop-project-wins-innovation-award/

Plus some more of Owen the next day holding the award and pointing at a
branch diagram that scares everyone
http://www.flickr.com/photos/steve_l/sets/72157626356732562/

Re: Hadoop project wins MediaGuardian Innovation Award

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@gmail.com>.
I like that small "Fire exit" sign in the corner of the first picture. :-)

Congratulations to everybody!

--Konstantin

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.