Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be> on 2004/05/31 16:12:36 UTC

[site] main + sandbox site update

OK, the next step in making commons website more uniform is taken.

All sandbox components now have a logo, use the commons menu and have
the commons l&f (more or less).
http://cvs.apache.org/~dirkv/sandbox/

There are also 2 new components:
http://cvs.apache.org/~dirkv/sandbox/feedparser/
http://cvs.apache.org/~dirkv/sandbox/transaction/

I will also update the main commons pages to include the 2 new
components and to update the wiki link.
http://cvs.apache.org/~dirkv/commons/

Unless anyone wants a last minute change, I'll push these changes
online in a couple of hours.

-- Dirk

Re: [site] main + sandbox site update

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <oz...@apache.org>.
Dirk Verbeeck wrote:

> OK, the next step in making commons website more uniform is taken.
>
> All sandbox components now have a logo, use the commons menu and have
> the commons l&f (more or less).
> http://cvs.apache.org/~dirkv/sandbox/
>
> There are also 2 new components:
> http://cvs.apache.org/~dirkv/sandbox/feedparser/
> http://cvs.apache.org/~dirkv/sandbox/transaction/

I have updated the transaction description to make it match what
currently is there.

Thanks again for your efforts and help!

Oliver

Re: [site] main + sandbox site update

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@zeigermann.de>.

Re: [site] Thoughts on breadcrumbs

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.
I now think your right. I went and looked at several large maven sites,
I have to say, no one really uses this as a bread crumb trail. Its
mostly just used to provide links to related projects. For instance:
Maven, Jelly, Plugins etc...

-Mark

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.
Site looks good.

--
Mark Diggory
Software Developer

Re: [site] main + sandbox site update

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.
Glad you like it, sandbox + main site are updated just now...

-- Dirk

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> to support small screens I just added a small javascript to switch
> logo if window size < 850.  Larger browser windows or browsers with
> javascript disabled get the wide version.

Works great.  My normal browser window is < 850, and a maximized window is >
850, so I was easily able to verify both.

	--- Noel

Re: [site] main + sandbox site update

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.

Dirk Verbeeck wrote:

> Yes, this logo looks better, is also used on main jakarta site and
> reduces the height of the header.
>
> I know about the small screen issue but my opinion is to optimize for
> the largest group (using a large screen size).
>
> If you want to optimize for a small screen then you also need to change
> the menu etc, so for now I choose for the better looking logo
>

> -- Dirk
>

> Mark R. Diggory wrote:
>
>> I notice your using the long jakarta logo. Was that an intentional
>> change?
>>
>> -Mark
>>
>> Dirk Verbeeck wrote:
>>
>>> OK, the next step in making commons website more uniform is taken.
>>>
>>> All sandbox components now have a logo, use the commons menu and have
>>> the commons l&f (more or less).
>>> http://cvs.apache.org/~dirkv/sandbox/
>>>
>>> There are also 2 new components:
>>> http://cvs.apache.org/~dirkv/sandbox/feedparser/
>>> http://cvs.apache.org/~dirkv/sandbox/transaction/
>>>
>>> I will also update the main commons pages to include the 2 new
>>> components and to update the wiki link.
>>> http://cvs.apache.org/~dirkv/commons/
>>>
>>> Unless anyone wants a last minute change, I'll push these changes
>>> online in a couple of hours.
>>>
>>> -- Dirk

Mark Diggory
Software Developer
Harvard MIT Data Center
http://www.hmdc.harvard.edu

Re: [site] main + sandbox site update

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.

Dirk Verbeeck wrote:
> OK, the next step in making commons website more uniform is taken.
>
> All sandbox components now have a logo, use the commons menu and have
> the commons l&f (more or less).
> http://cvs.apache.org/~dirkv/sandbox/
>
> There are also 2 new components:
> http://cvs.apache.org/~dirkv/sandbox/feedparser/
> http://cvs.apache.org/~dirkv/sandbox/transaction/
>
> I will also update the main commons pages to include the 2 new
> components and to update the wiki link.
> http://cvs.apache.org/~dirkv/commons/
>
> Unless anyone wants a last minute change, I'll push these changes online
> in a couple of hours.
>
> -- Dirk

Mark Diggory
Software Developer
Harvard MIT Data Center
http://www.hmdc.harvard.edu

Re: going with the site update Was: [site] main + sandbox site update

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

On Mon, 31 May 2004, Michael Davey wrote:

> Henri Yandell wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> >The major change for the prepare page is that I switched it to Cc the PMC
> >for a [RESULT] and not for a [VOTE]. I might be wrong here, but I think
> >that's the intended practice. Looking at the PMC history, Commons are the
> >only ones that Cc them on a vote. Everyone else does results.
> >

> That means that it is now essential that the votes are summarized in the
> [RESULT] post (not just the outcome of the ballot), right?

Yep. Even when the [VOTE] was Cc'd to the PMC, few of the replying votes
were. Which is good, it would have gotten very noisy.

I'll modify that page again to mention that the votes should be summarized.

Hen

Re: going with the site update Was: [site] main + sandbox site update

Posted by Michael Davey <Mi...@coderage.org>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
Just so there is an awareness, Dirk's update will take the voted on
charter:

http://cvs.apache.org/~dirkv/commons/charter.html

and some additions I made to the release page based on the IO release.

http://cvs.apache.org/~dirkv/commons/releases/prepare.html