Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ml...@VegInfo.com on 2002/06/28 19:46:19 UTC

How to add new contexts to virtual sites at an ISP

I have multiple web sites with an ISP and they are all under one
Tomcat account (Zeus webserver, TC 3.2.3, Solaris_JDK_1.2.1_03).
TC software is installed locally on the private side of my account
(webapps directory accessible only from account), while html pages
are in public_html/virtualSite1, virtualSite2 etc

Is it possible that I can add similarly named contexts but in
different domains that invoke different servlets?
http://virtualSite1/bbs and
http://virtualSite2/bbs   invoke different servlets?
How do I code the above in server.xml?

Currently different hosts in server.xml are defined as
 <Host name="virtualSite1" >
   <Context path=""
      docBase="/<-various dirs->/public_html/virtualSite1" />
  </Host>

Thanks,
das

p.s. Searched Tomcat-user archives for virtaul host context,
     but did not find anything that pertains to the above...