Posted to users@maven.apache.org by David Sag <ds...@epo.org> on 2005/11/15 13:18:40 UTC

[m2] using the mboot2 stuff in our own plugins

Hi all,

We are writing a FindBugs plugin for maven 2 right now and it is failing
when we run it within the maven2 environment, but when run atandalone it
works fine.  So we are exploring how we'd run it from maven but as a
standalone app.

Looking at the source for the surefire plugin we've seen that it makes use
of objects from the maven-mboot2 plugin (is that actually a plugin?) and
in fact mboot2 contains the SurefireBooter.  There is a class there called
MBoot and a few other classes that look like they'd be very handy for us
to use.  Are there any issues with depending on mboot2 we should be aware
of?

Does anyone have any other advice on writing a plugin that needs to run in
its own VM?

Kind regards,
Dave Sag

Re: [m2] using the mboot2 stuff in our own plugins

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Apart from the fact it is going away shortly? :)

We primarily use plexus-utils CommandLineUtils right now for forking a VM.
It has a couple of limitations we are looking to overcome, but it is pretty
simple to use.

- Brett