Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Shirish Kolekar <sh...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/14 14:20:38 UTC

Need Help About Custom Sort

Dear Apache Open Office Members/ Developers,

I am a user of your Software in India. Here in every Office we use Marathi
as a Language in all Office Documentation.

As this software has been built in English. I need your Help in Sorting
Entries in Marathi. I have already gone through the Help but I am New to
this I mean Forum. Please Guide me for the same.

Issue : problem while sorting entries in Marathi Language.

Solution tried : Fed Marathi Alphabets in the Sort Order that we want but
still vowels are not being sorted. I Have done sorting successful for
consonents.

alphabets in custom sort order are been mentioned.

Please Help me with the Solution.

Thanks & Regards,
Shirish,
India

Re: Need Help About Custom Sort

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.
On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 13:20:38 -0000, Shirish Kolekar <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Issue : problem while sorting entries in Marathi Language.
>
> Solution tried : Fed Marathi Alphabets in the Sort Order that we want but
> still vowels are not being sorted. I Have done sorting successful for
> consonents.

i don't speak marathi nor have appropriate fonts, so my advice may be naive. however, when i open a context menu for any of the cells in your spreadsheet and choose 'format cells', i see 'arabic (saudi arabia)' under 'font -> ctl font -> language'. i think, marathi should stand there instead, as well as under 'data -> sort -> options -> language'.

if this is not the issue, then you may create a custom sorting list as a workaround by listing the alphabet in correct order under 'tools -> options -> openoffice.org calc -> sort lists' and then choosing it under 'data -> sort -> options -> custom sort order'.