Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Bryan Lewis <br...@maine.rr.com> on 2004/11/01 00:43:09 UTC

Re: Sun App Server

I too came from a WebObjects background, and I've been quite happy with
Cayenne. Its concepts are very similar to EOF's.  In fact it will import
your old EOModels.

There's been plenty of discussion in this list about the choice of
persistence layer.  It's clear that more than one candidate would work well
for you.  Try to structure your applications so that the presentation layer
has no dependence on the details of the back-end persistence layer.  For
instance, set yourself a rule that the Tapestry classes will have no Cayenne
imports.  That will make it relatively easy if you should ever decide to
switch to a different back end.