Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Chandresh Turakhia <ch...@bhartitelesoft.com> on 2007/02/13 12:35:41 UTC

Re: General questions ( ServiceMiz )

Team,

My Question ) Whats the quickest hack to make Ofbiz services as ServiceMiz
SE ?

Question asked to me )

Usecase for ServiceMiz. Answering "why you want to use ServiceMiz ".
Distributed JBI ( Celtrix ) can save us lot on Roaming charges - Lot term
view.

Answer )

http://www.logicblaze.com/  ( ServiceMiz and Fuse )

On the minimum front , decoupling the request ( HTTP , Wireless )  and
actual service is good. Also integrating Telecom Authentication from jNetX
( Telecom Application server - SOA of telecom ) integration could be easily
scritable in ServiceMiz.

We telecom company needs such functionality even if it hurts a bit on
performance. Binding component for request handlers. Some of the services
needs to trigger based on arrival of file ( ftp ).

ServiceMiz uses
http://www.enterpriseintegrationpatterns.com/DynamicRouter.html Dynamic
router pattern to send servicerequest on different instances on ofbiz based
on different request parametetrs. It is scriptable to implement in
ServiceMIX.

e.g. We might have
        ofbiz service server 1 with data for Northern India and code
customized for Northern indian law. - small changes.
        ofbiz service server 2 with data from southern India
        ofbiz service server 3 with data from rest of india.

We may want to direct to different servers EVEN if the code is same. Help
legal issues.
Also Cost consideration , the  return SMS needs to sent from NEAREST
location so telecom bill is less.

Also different circles have different telecom infrastructure :) so based on
the location the logic changes. e.g Sometimes we do not get XXX information
if the request comes from XYZ zone, so there is lot of hacking code around.

There is lot of "dumb" reason which we need separate service integrator.
Chand