Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2006/03/03 14:34:07 UTC

[maven] Mavenization progress

Hiya,

I mavenized all the trunk code in my sandbox area:
${felix-base}/sandbox/akarasulu/mavenized.  Some things are still messy
at the moment.

Most importantly though is fixing the decoupling I imposed on the
org.apache.felix.framework with the org.osgi modules.  This specifically
deals with the Filter implementation used.  I decoupled the modules by
dynamically loading and instantiating the FilterImpl using a system
property.  Take a look at the FrameworkUtils in org.osgi.  Also I reused
the code to get a handle on a filter impl from the AdminPermission
class.  Richard if you could take a look at this for correctness that
would be great.

This is a hack to get things working but we need to figure out the way
OSGi recommends resolving the container "provided" FilterImpl.

I also need to cleanup the poms and figure out a better solution to
massaging jar dependencies in manifests.  Right now we have to manually
update versions. I'd like to use filters to do variable substitution but
the maven peeps don't have this yet with the jar plugin which builds the
manifest.

Also I have to update manifests for changes to the produced jar file names.

Incidentally I'm not digging this use of package names for the
artifactId.  It might work well for just the module name but it's a real
PITA.  If no one minds I'd like to revert to using short names for the
artifactIds.  Also note that at directory we've encountered path length
issues with these long names.  Let me know if this is ok.  However we
might not have an option once we encounter the same problems.  I
recommend using short names now from the get go for the artifactIds.

Thanks,
Alex