Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Evgeny Kotkov <ev...@visualsvn.com> on 2016/04/21 18:43:15 UTC

1.8.16 up for signing/testing

The 1.8.16 release artifacts are now available for testing/signing.
Please get the tarballs from
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion
and add your signatures there.  I plan to try and release on April 28th
so please try and get your votes/signatures in place by April 27th.

Thanks!

Re: 1.8.16 up for signing/testing

Posted by Stefan Fuhrmann <st...@alice-dsl.de>.
On 21.04.2016 18:43, Evgeny Kotkov wrote:
> The 1.8.16 release artifacts are now available for testing/signing.
> Please get the tarballs from
>    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion
> and add your signatures there.  I plan to try and release on April 28th
> so please try and get your votes/signatures in place by April 27th.
>
> Thanks!

   +1 to release

Platform

   Ubuntu 16.04 x64, Linux 4.4.0-21-generic SMP

   Standard dependencies:
     Apache 2.4.18, worker MPM
     APR 1.5.2
     APR-Util 1.5.4
     BDB 5.3.28
     GCC 5.3.1
     JUnit 4.12
     libmagic 5.25
     libtool, libtool-bin 2.4.6
     OpenJDK-8 8u77
     OpenSSL 1.0.2g
     Perl 5.22.1
     Python 2.7.11
     Ruby 2.3.0
     Serf 1.3.8
     SQLite 3.11.0
     Swig 2.0.12
     zlib 1.2.8

   Manually installed and in-tree dependencies:
     ctypesgen svn-r151

Verified:

   Tarball contents and signatures

   (fsfs, bdb) x (local, svnserve, serf)
   check-swig-py
   check-swig-pl
   check-swig-rb
   check-javahl
   check-ctypes-python

   ./get-deps.sh

Results:

   (Perl tests) Various "Warning: unable to close filehandle $..
properly: Bad file descriptor at ..(ramdrive)..";
                tests succeeded
   (Ruby tests) `block (2 levels) in test_load' test fails
   (Ubuntu issue) ./configure needed global variables set to make LTO work:
                  AR="gcc-ar" NM="gcc-nm" RANLIB=gcc-ranlib

   All tests passed.

GPG Signatures committed to the dist/dev/subversion repository.

-- Stefan^2.

Re: 1.8.16 up for signing/testing

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 07:43:15PM +0300, Evgeny Kotkov wrote:
> The 1.8.16 release artifacts are now available for testing/signing.
> Please get the tarballs from
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion
> and add your signatures there.  I plan to try and release on April 28th
> so please try and get your votes/signatures in place by April 27th.
>
> Thanks!

Tested: [bdb | fsfs] x [ra_local | ra_svn | ra_serf]
        swig bindings
        javahl bindings

Test results: All passed.

Platform: OpenBSD 5.9 amd64

Dependencies:
bdb:        4.7.25
GNU-iconv:  1.14
apr:        1.5.1
apr-util:   1.5.3
httpd:      2.2.29
serf:       1.3.8
cyrus-sasl: 2.1.25
sqlite:     3080500
openssl:    2.3.3
swig:       2.0.11
python:     2.7.8
perl:       5.20.2
ruby:       1.8.7-p374
java:       1.7.0_80

Signatures:

subversion-1.8.16.tar.gz

subversion-1.8.16.tar.bz2

Re: 1.8.16 up for signing/testing

Posted by Evgeny Kotkov <ev...@visualsvn.com>.
Evgeny Kotkov <ev...@visualsvn.com> writes:

> The 1.8.16 release artifacts are now available for testing/signing.
> Please get the tarballs from
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion
> and add your signatures there.  I plan to try and release on April 28th
> so please try and get your votes/signatures in place by April 27th.
>
> Thanks!

We have sufficient signatures, so I am now going to stage the release and
will do the announcement tomorrow.

Regards,
Evgeny Kotkov

Re: 1.8.16 up for signing/testing

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.
    +1 to release (Unix)

Platform

    Mac OS X 10.11.4 El Capitan

    Standard dependencies:
      Apple LLVM version 7.3.0 (clang-703.0.29)
      APR 1.4.8
      APR-Util 1.5.2
      zlib 1.2.5
      httpd 2.4.18
      Python 2.7.10
      Perl 5.18.2
      Ruby 2.0.0p648 (2015-12-16 revision 53162)
      SQLite 3.8.10.2

    Dependencies from Homebrew:
      SQLite 3.12.1
      Serf 1.3.8
      OpenSSL 1.0.2g
      BDB 6.1.26

    Other dependencies:
      Swig 2.0.12
      Java 1.8.0_45-b14
      JUnit 4.11

Verified:

  Tarball contents and signatures

  (fsfs, bdb) x (local, svnserve, dav) with SQLite 3.12.1
  (fsfs) x (local) with SQLite 3.8.10.2
  check-all-javahl
  check-swig-py
  check-swig-rb
  check-swig-pl

New issues:

  - On OSX 10.11, Swig bindings tests no longer work in an (out of
    source) build tree without doing both 'make install' and 'make
    install-swig-X' (for 'make check-swig-X'). This is because Apple,
    in their wisdom, decided to ignore the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH variable
    when loading shared libs from OS-blessed binaries, such as
    /usr/bin/python, which are used to run the bindings tests.

Known issues: None

Known issues not re-checked:

  - C tests do not work with the --enable-optimize configure option.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.
On 26.04.2016 11:26, Stefan Hett wrote:
> On 4/26/2016 10:41 AM, Branko Čibej wrote:

>>> I think it's fine as long as Stefan states explicitly what he has
>>> verified (which he has). It's an additional assurance from someone
>>> that says "I state that the tarball corresponds to the tag and the
>>> branch". It doesn't count for a +1 vote for our "3 votes per platform"
>>> rule, but that's fine
>> Yup, and this is why I asked. :) It may not be a binding vote but it's
>> useful to know about any passing tests on Windows, IMO.
> As Johan confirmed, I only verified the integrity of the zip archives
> this time.
> Since I wasn't too sure whether that's useful, I asked on IRC before
> and Daniel stated that as long as it's explicitly stated, it's ok (and
> to a certain degree useful :) ).
>
> Just wasn't able to get the testing process done in time for these
> versions, since I was lacking the time here to finish that by tomorrow
> (already spent all the time I could invest to set up the PGP keys and
> read through all the related documentation - not only Apache but also
> GnuPG/GPG4Win).
> That said, since all of that is done now, I'm aiming to have a full
> Windows test setup-up up and running for the next version.

No worries, and thanks for clarifying. +1 to helping verify package
contents, every little bit helps, indeed.

-- Brane

Re: 1.8.16 up for signing/testing

Posted by Stefan Hett <st...@egosoft.com>.
On 4/26/2016 10:41 AM, Branko Čibej wrote:
> On 26.04.2016 10:09, Johan Corveleyn wrote:

>>> Did you also build the sources and run the tests? It's sort of expected.
>> I think it's fine as long as Stefan states explicitly what he has
>> verified (which he has). It's an additional assurance from someone
>> that says "I state that the tarball corresponds to the tag and the
>> branch". It doesn't count for a +1 vote for our "3 votes per platform"
>> rule, but that's fine
> Yup, and this is why I asked. :) It may not be a binding vote but it's
> useful to know about any passing tests on Windows, IMO.
As Johan confirmed, I only verified the integrity of the zip archives
this time.
Since I wasn't too sure whether that's useful, I asked on IRC before and
Daniel stated that as long as it's explicitly stated, it's ok (and to a
certain degree useful :) ).

Just wasn't able to get the testing process done in time for these
versions, since I was lacking the time here to finish that by tomorrow
(already spent all the time I could invest to set up the PGP keys and
read through all the related documentation - not only Apache but also
GnuPG/GPG4Win).
That said, since all of that is done now, I'm aiming to have a full
Windows test setup-up up and running for the next version.

Stefan Hett

Re: 1.8.16 up for signing/testing

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 9:11 AM, Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 26.04.2016 03:48, Stefan wrote:
>> On 4/21/2016 18:43, Evgeny Kotkov wrote:
>>> The 1.8.16 release artifacts are now available for testing/signing.
>>> Please get the tarballs from
>>>    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion
>>> and add your signatures there.  I plan to try and release on April 28th
>>> so please try and get your votes/signatures in place by April 27th.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>> Verified integrity and file content against 1.8.16-tag in the SVN
>> repository.
>
> Did you also build the sources and run the tests? It's sort of expected.

I think it's fine as long as Stefan states explicitly what he has
verified (which he has). It's an additional assurance from someone
that says "I state that the tarball corresponds to the tag and the
branch". It doesn't count for a +1 vote for our "3 votes per platform"
rule, but that's fine (and since Stefan Hett aka luke1410 isn't a full
committer he couldn't give a binding vote anyway -- but any additional
verification is welcome imho).

Our community guide says [1]:

[[[
Signing a tarball means that you assert certain things about it. When
announcing your signature, indicate in the mail what steps you've
taken to verify that the tarball is correct, such as verifying the
contents against the proper tag in the repository.
]]]

[1] http://subversion.apache.org/docs/community-guide/releasing.html#tarball-signing

--
Johan

Re: 1.8.16 up for signing/testing

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefan <lu...@posteo.de>.
On 4/21/2016 18:43, Evgeny Kotkov wrote:
> The 1.8.16 release artifacts are now available for testing/signing.
> Please get the tarballs from
>    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion
> and add your signatures there.  I plan to try and release on April 28th
> so please try and get your votes/signatures in place by April 27th.
>
> Thanks!

Verified integrity and file content against 1.8.16-tag in the SVN
repository.

Signatures:

subversion-1.8.16.zip

Regards,

Stefan

Re: 1.8.16 up for signing/testing

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.
On 21 April 2016 at 19:43, Evgeny Kotkov <ev...@visualsvn.com> wrote:
> The 1.8.16 release artifacts are now available for testing/signing.
> Please get the tarballs from
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion
> and add your signatures there.  I plan to try and release on April 28th
> so please try and get your votes/signatures in place by April 27th.

   +1 to release.

TESTED:
-------
[ fsfs ] x [ file | svn | http v1 | http v2] x [win32 | x64]

RESULTS:
--------
All Tests Pass

PLATFORM:
---------
MS Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)
Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Update 3

DEPENDENCIES:
-------------
APR: 1.5.2
APR-Util: 1.5.4
Apache HTTPD: 2.2.31
zlib: 1.2.8
OpenSSL: 1.0.1r
sqlite: 3.7.12.1
Python: 2.7.8
serf: 1.3.8

Signatures:
-----------

   (See the appropriate distribution files.)

--
Ivan Zhakov

Re: 1.8.16 up for signing/testing

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.
  +1 to release

Platform:

  Debian/stable 64-bit

Tested:

  (local, svn, svn/sasl, serf, serf/v1) x (fsfs, fsfs/pack/shard, bdb)
  swig-pl, swig-py, swig-rb
  javahl x (fsfs, bdb)

Results:

  All tests successful apart from known failures for log_tests.py 37
  and svnadmin_tests.py 14 and 28 with packing enabled.

Local dependencies:

  apache2-dev : 2.4.10-10+deb8u4
  libapr1-dev : 1.5.1-3
  libaprutil1-dev : 1.5.4-1
  libdb5.3-dev : 5.3.28-9
  libsasl2-dev : 2.1.26.dfsg1-13+deb8u1
  libserf-dev : 1.3.8-1
  libsqlite3-dev : 3.8.7.1-1+deb8u1
  perl : 5.20.2-3+deb8u4
  python2.7-dev : 2.7.9-2
  ruby-dev : 1:2.1.5+deb8u2
  openjdk-7-jdk : 7u101-2.6.6-1~deb8u1

subversion-1.8.16.tar.bz2

subversion-1.8.16.tar.gz

--
Philip

Re: 1.8.16 up for signing/testing

Posted by Johan Corveleyn <jc...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 6:43 PM, Evgeny Kotkov
<ev...@visualsvn.com> wrote:
> The 1.8.16 release artifacts are now available for testing/signing.
> Please get the tarballs from
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion
> and add your signatures there.  I plan to try and release on April 28th
> so please try and get your votes/signatures in place by April 27th.
>
> Thanks!

Summary
-------
+1 to release

Platform
--------
Windows 7 SP1 (x64)
Microsoft Visual Studio 2013

Verified
--------
Signature and sha1 for subversion-1.8.16.zip.

Contents of subversion-1.8.16.zip are identical to tags/1.8.16, and
to branches/1.8.x@1740329 (except for expected differences in svn_version.h
and svnpubsub and svnwcsub (symlinks vs. file contents), and
generated files).

Tested
------
[ Release build ] x [ fsfs ] x [ file | svn | http ]

Results
-------
All tests pass.

Dependencies
------------
Httpd 2.4.16
Apr 1.5.2
Apr-Util 1.5.4
OpenSSL 1.0.2
Serf 1.3.8
SQLite 3.8.8.3
ZLib 1.2.8

Signature
---------

subversion-1.8.16.zip:

--
Johan

Re: 1.8.16 up for signing/testing

Posted by Evgeny Kotkov <ev...@visualsvn.com>.
Evgeny Kotkov <ev...@visualsvn.com> writes:

> The 1.8.16 release artifacts are now available for testing/signing.
> Please get the tarballs from
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion
> and add your signatures there.  I plan to try and release on April 28th
> so please try and get your votes/signatures in place by April 27th.
>
> Thanks!

    +1 to release

Tested:

    [ fsfs ] x [ file | svn | http ]