Posted to bluesky-dev@incubator.apache.org by Samuel Kevin <lo...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/23 02:51:01 UTC

can such files be committed to SVN repos?

hi, all:
    i am doing the last check on TServer. The source code now is free of
legal problem but i met some problem in makefile. The initial developers use
libtool which is a GNU tool under GPL license(
http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/) and it generate some files like
libtool.sh to facilitate the "make" process. The problem is that the
libtool.sh contain the declaration of GPL license declaration. i wonder if
it could be uploaded to SVN. i know that GPL lib is forbbiden in Apache SVN,
but i want to confirm whether such files GPLed tool generate could be upload
to SVN?
regards,
Kevin

http://incubator.apache.org/bluesky/

Re: can such files be committed to SVN repos?

Posted by Samuel Kevin <lo...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Arthur:
    i just download httpd-2.2.13 and find GPL license declaration in a sh
file in /build. However, i failed to find this file on SVN os httpd...... I
am totally confused now.....
regards,
Kevin

Posted by Arthur Chen <zi...@gmail.com>.