Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/28 01:00:35 UTC

Re: JDBC thin client load balancing and failover support

You can use client node based driver [1] to get full failover support. Thin
client currently indeed goes though a single node and I believe it makes
sense to at least provide an ability to specify multiple addresses for the
connection. I created a ticket for this:

[1] https://apacheignite-sql.readme.io/docs/jdbc-client-driver

-Val

Re: JDBC thin client load balancing and failover support

Posted by blackfield <ch...@maxpoint.com>.
This ticket is slotted for 2.4 and seems to be related.

@Val, can you please link it with IGNITE-7029?

Re: JDBC thin client load balancing and failover support

Posted by Aurora <25...@qq.com>.
Client node driver mode could bring a huge memory usage on your application (
local cache)
thus I believe most choose JDBC thin driver mode.

BTW our data source library called Druid doesn't support common JDBC Driver,
which reported transaction issues.

So,  this feature seems very important for us.

Re: JDBC thin client load balancing and failover support

Posted by gunman524 <gu...@126.com>.
That's exactly what I expected

Re: JDBC thin client load balancing and failover support

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
> I`m using JDBC Thin, at my datasource I put only one IP address.
> How come the other cluster will get the data? If i only invoke into one Ip
> address.

The node the driver connects to forwards queries to the rest of cluster nodes. It’s just a gateway for the driver.

The goal of the ticket is to let the driver connect to the other node (gateway) if an old one went down and push queries through the new instead.

> Btw, this is another question for me.
> How about the load-balancer?

According to the definition of the ticket we would try to support both - reconnection and load-balancing.

As for now, you still can do this on your own by opening several connections to the cluster via different IPs and load balancing queries among them.

Hope this helps.

—
Denis

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
It should be supported for 2.4.

Anyway, this should not be a showstopper because this logic can be embedded into an application. If the application loses a connection to one IP address it can re-connect to the cluster via a different one.

—
Denis