Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by George Ludwig <ge...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/09 02:33:13 UTC

Has anyone gotten the tapestry 5 highcharts demo webapp to run?

I've been trying to get the demo webapp running using run jetty run in
Eclipse, but the best I've managed is to get jetty to boot, but all it does
is serve a directory listing under
http://localhost:8080/tapestry5-highcharts/

Has anyone managed to get this to run in Eclipse using Jetty?

-George

Re: Has anyone gotten the tapestry 5 highcharts demo webapp to run?

Posted by François Facon <fr...@atos.net>.
Hi,

I only use run jetty run with a none maven based project.
Most of the time,  we use the maven plugin for eclipse to create a new
maven build in Eclipse Run Configuration as follow.
-select imported project
- right click -> run as -> run configurations
- create a new configuration under maven build
- add jetty:run for the goals
click run

You can also run mvn jetty:run at your project directory which
contains the pom.xml in the shell prompt

François

Posted by George Ludwig <ge...@gmail.com>.
Just a quick note...the difference may have been how I imported the
project. Yesterday, I got caught up in importing it in to Eclipse using
EGit's import function. Today, just before everything worked, I used
Eclipse's native import, and imported EGit's working directory for the
project.

If anyone else is experiencing similar issues, it's worth a try.

Posted by George Ludwig <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shing Hing Man <ma...@yahoo.com>.

I had the same problem a few weeks ago.

I was using the following Jetty Eclipse plugin.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty_WTP_Plugin

In the console,  I got the following message :
Excluded entry=/home/matmsh/Downloads/tapestry/highChart/tapestry5-highcharts/target/test-classes

To fix above,  In Eclipse, I did

Run configuration -> Web app class path  ->
add /home/matmsh/Downloads/tapestry/highChart/tapestry5-highcharts/target/test-classes