Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Fairouz FakhFakh <fa...@hotmail.com> on 2012/07/15 01:55:13 UTC

Jena+ retrieve information

Hello,
I use OWL-S API (you find  attached). I know that OWL-S API use Jena.So, I would like to retrieve or extract the value of a datatypeProperty . For example the value of a "serviceProduct"., "serviceName", ...Can I use this with Jena and how ?Please, can some one help me. I am really blocked

Re: Jena+ retrieve information

Posted by Adrian Walker <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hi --

It's not Jena, but you may be interested in the author friendly system and
examples online at the site below.

In particular:

  www.reengineeringllc.com/demo_agents/RDFQueryLangComparison1.agent

In addition to its browser author-user interface, the system can be used
from Java (and other languages):

   www.reengineeringllc.com/iblClient1.java

Apologies if you have seen this before, and thanks for comments.

                                                    -- Adrian

Internet Business Logic
A Wiki and SOA Endpoint for Executable Open Vocabulary English over SQL and
RDF
Online at www.reengineeringllc.com
Shared use is free, and there are no advertisements

Adrian Walker
Reengineering

Posted by Adrian Walker <ad...@gmail.com>.
Ooops, apologies to list folks  -- the post was intended for Fairouz only.

Posted by Dave Reynolds <da...@gmail.com>.
On 15/07/12 00:55, Fairouz FakhFakh wrote:

> Hello,
> I use OWL-S API (you find  attached). I know that OWL-S API use Jena.So, I would like to retrieve or extract the value of a datatypeProperty . For example the value of a "serviceProduct"., "serviceName", ...Can I use this with Jena and how ?Please, can some one help me. I am really blocked

This list doesn't support attachments so we can't see the code you are
talking about.

However, once you have a jena Resource then getting the value of some
property is trivial, see for example:

http://jena.apache.org/documentation/javadoc/jena/com/hp/hpl/jena/rdf/model/Resource.html#getProperty(com.hp.hpl.jena.rdf.model.Property)

http://jena.apache.org/documentation/javadoc/jena/com/hp/hpl/jena/rdf/model/Resource.html#listProperties(com.hp.hpl.jena.rdf.model.Property)

If OWL-S uses OntModels then you probably in fact have OntResources (a
subinterface of Resource) in which case you also have access to the more
convenient:

http://jena.apache.org/documentation/javadoc/jena/com/hp/hpl/jena/ontology/OntResource.html#getPropertyValue(com.hp.hpl.jena.rdf.model.Property)

and

http://jena.apache.org/documentation/javadoc/jena/com/hp/hpl/jena/ontology/OntResource.html#listPropertyValues(com.hp.hpl.jena.rdf.model.Property)