Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/03 11:22:12 UTC

[DISCUSS] move MinVRVersion from service to orchestration layer

H,

not sure if this is really worthy of the tag [DISCUSS] but it is a subset of [1]

In view of issues people have upgrading system vms in between ACS
updates I want to move the static final MinVRVersion in the
VirtualNetworkApplianceService definition to a configuration item in
the NetworkOrchestrationService. I started feature/minvrversion to do
this.

I would like for operators to be able to set it per domain and to add
a fourth element to it for their own testing/use; it would then be
'4.4.2.13234' after a lot of testing;)

[1] http://markmail.org/message/aub7lmjjwyoq4hvq
--
Daan

Re: [DISCUSS] move MinVRVersion from service to orchestration layer

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
as a response to some comments on other forums I want to add that the
last digit is going to be usefule for ci purposes. This is the
background of my wish. The current implementation is not the end goal,
merely a step in that direction. As Rajani pointed me to my own words
[1]  there are open points to this implementation. I don't think we
shouldn't take this step because of this. The use case I descuibe
above would have helped my colleagues Ian and Wilder in the work they
did on redundant vpc routers [2]

[1] http://markmail.org/message/cr4bfzvl6eyfisb5
[2] http://markmail.org/message/qxie24gdza7vtemq

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.