Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com> on 2009/07/16 05:43:46 UTC

opinion about community about cleanup Request*.xml to CustRequest*.xml

I would like to ask the community about the following change.

Currently the screens and forms files in the system for the Entity
CustRequest are called RequestForms.xml and RequestScreens.xml

if you work pretty often in this area it still happens pretty frequently
that i cannot find them because the name is not the same as the entity.

I have a patch here which will rename all these files and put them
together in the widget directory in all the components. No functional
change.

For new systems no problem, the system is still working fine....
however....

If you upgrade existing systems with a special component in hot-deploy
which uses these files, these references have to change too.

What is the opinion of other users...rename these files and make life on
the current system easier but make upgrading more difficult...

or do not rename?

Regards,
Hans

Here a list of the files which need to be changed:
M      applications/party/widget/partymgr/CommunicationScreens.xml
M      applications/party/webapp/partymgr/communication/CommForms.xml
M      applications/party/webapp/partymgr/WEB-INF/controller.xml
A  +   applications/workeffort/widget/CustRequestForms.xml
A  +   applications/workeffort/widget/CustRequestScreens.xml
D      applications/workeffort/widget/RequestScreens.xml
M      applications/workeffort/webapp/workeffort/WEB-INF/controller.xml
D      applications/workeffort/webapp/workeffort/request
applications/workeffort/webapp/workeffort/request/RequestForms.xml
A  +   applications/order/widget/ordermgr/CustRequestForms.xml
A  +   applications/order/widget/ordermgr/CustRequestScreens.xml
D      applications/order/widget/ordermgr/RequestScreens.xml
M      applications/order/data/OrderTypeData.xml
M      applications/order/data/OrderPortletData.xml
M      applications/order/webapp/ordermgr/WEB-INF/controller.xml
D      applications/order/webapp/ordermgr/request/RequestForms.xml
M      specialpurpose/myportal/widget/MyPortalForms.xml
D      specialpurpose/myportal/widget/RequestForms.xml
A  +   specialpurpose/projectmgr/widget/forms/CustRequestForms.xml
D      specialpurpose/projectmgr/widget/forms/RequestForms.xml
A  +   specialpurpose/projectmgr/widget/CustRequestScreens.xml
D      specialpurpose/projectmgr/widget/RequestScreens.xml
M      specialpurpose/projectmgr/data/ProjectMgrPortletData.xml
specialpurpose/projectmgr/webapp/projectmgr/WEB-INF/controller.xml

--
Antwebsystems.com: Quality OFBiz services for competitive rates

Re: opinion about community about cleanup Request*.xml to CustRequest*.xml

Posted by Anil Patel <an...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hans,
Thanks for looking into the issue. This seems to be a good idea to me.
It will bring things inline with best practices.

Regards
Anil Patel

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.
It is true that we use, and want to use, the CustRequest entity for
more than just requests from customers. One way to think of it is as a
"custom" request instead of a "customer" request, but it is a little
bit silly.

Either way I don't think it is really worth changing the name of the
entity, and the various related entities. About changing the file
names, I guess I don't really have an opinion.

-David

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Well,