Posted to user@flink.apache.org by HG <ha...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/29 11:30:36 UTC

Parallel processing in a 2 node cluster apparently not working

Hi,

I have a 2 node cluster just for testing.
When I start the cluster and the job I see that the parallelism is 2 as
expected.
But only they are both on the same node.
When I stop the taskmanager on that node it switches to the other one.
But I expected both nodes to have a subtask.

See below.

Any clues?

Regards Hans-Peter

[image: image.png]
[image: image.png]

Re: Parallel processing in a 2 node cluster apparently not working

Posted by David Anderson <da...@apache.org>.
In this situation, changing your configuration [1] to include

    cluster.evenly-spread-out-slots: true

should change the scheduling behavior to what you are looking for.

[1]
https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-release-1.14/docs/deployment/config/#cluster-evenly-spread-out-slots

Regards,
David