Posted to user@hama.apache.org by Anveshi Charuvaka <an...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/08 03:12:59 UTC

Hama seemingly not using multiple nodes on cluster

Hi All,

	I am trying to run a small test job using HAMA graph api on a cluster configured with 10 nodes. My job creates 9 vertices, but it seems that HAMA is loading all the vertices into a single physical machine instead of distributing them onto different machine.

	I have attached the program. I simply reads the vertices from the input file, in the format ( <ID> <value> <neighbor_id>), the values and neighbors have no significance in this test program. In the compute method, the vertex finds it's peer name using
	this.getPeer().getPeerName();
and sets it as the value of the vertex, which is then dumped into the output

	Please help. I would like to make it run, so that the load is taken up by multiple physical machines.

Thanks
Anveshi

Re: Hama seemingly not using multiple nodes on cluster

Posted by Anveshi Charuvaka <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Edward for the prompt reply, setting setNumBspTask( ), worked :).

Anveshi

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Hi,

--