Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com> on 2005/07/19 17:21:52 UTC

[VOTE] libapreq2-2.06-dev-rc4

Please test & vote on rc4 for tomorrow's release of:

  http://people.apache.org/~joes/libapreq2-2.06-dev-rc4.tar.gz

The pgp signature is also available:

  http://people.apache.org/~joes/libapreq2-2.06-dev-rc4.tar.gz.asc

--
Joe Schaefer

Re: [VOTE] libapreq2-2.06-dev-rc4

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Max Kellermann wrote:

>I did a quick test on FreeBSD, without the perl glue. The build fails
>with the following message:
>
>Making all in module
>Making all in apache2
>make: don't know how to make all-local. Stop
>*** Error code 1
>
>It turns out that the generated Makefile.in contains:

I'll second that... I know it caught me the first time too, and out of
habbit I take make instead of gmake.
It is however specified in the docs.  Maybe Makefile.am should generate
a Makefile that checks what make its using if on FreeBSD ?

--
END
               Nothing is impossible.

     http://www.liquidityservicesinc.com
        http://www.liquidation.com
        http://www.uksurplus.com
        http://www.govliquidation.com
        http://www.gowholesale.com

Re: [VOTE] libapreq2-2.06-dev-rc4

Posted by Max Kellermann <ma...@duempel.org>.
On 2005/07/19 17:21, Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com> wrote:

> Please test & vote on rc4 for tomorrow's release of:
>
>   http://people.apache.org/~joes/libapreq2-2.06-dev-rc4.tar.gz

tests run fine on Debian/amd64.

I did a quick test on FreeBSD, without the perl glue. The build fails
with the following message:

Making all in module
Making all in apache2
make: don't know how to make all-local. Stop
*** Error code 1

It turns out that the generated Makefile.in contains:

all-am: Makefile $(LTLIBRARIES) $(HEADERS) all-local
.PHONY: GTAGS all all-am all-local [...]
@BUILD_HTTPD_TRUE@all-local: @APACHE2_HTTPD@

With GNU make, this is no problem:

max@hornet:~/src/libapreq2-2.06-dev/module/apache2$ gmake all-local
gmake: Nothing to be done for `all-local'.
max@hornet:~/src/libapreq2-2.06-dev/module/apache2$ make all-local
make: don't know how to make all-local. Stop

GNU make seems to accept the implicit target declaration through
".PHONY", BSD make does not. I believe this is an automake bug,
because it incorrectly creates a dependency on "all-local" even when
there is no "all-local" because the condition to generate it was not
met.

I'll try to write a workaround for that later...

Max

Re: [VOTE] libapreq2-2.06-dev-rc4

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.
Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> writes:

> On Tue, 19 Jul 2005, Joe Schaefer wrote:
>

>> Please test & vote on rc4 for tomorrow's release of:
>>
>>   http://people.apache.org/~joes/libapreq2-2.06-dev-rc4.tar.gz
>>
>> The pgp signature is also available:
>>
>>   http://people.apache.org/~joes/libapreq2-2.06-dev-rc4.tar.gz.asc
>
> I don't think the commit I made today for library/t/at.h,
> changing the printing of AT_skip() from "not ok" to "ok",
> made it into the above. Or perhaps the above link is to an
> earlier tarball?

Nope- I'm an idiot.  Somehow I forgot to svn up after
reading your commit message.  Now rolling rc5...

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Tue, 19 Jul 2005, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> Please test & vote on rc4 for tomorrow's release of:
>
>   http://people.apache.org/~joes/libapreq2-2.06-dev-rc4.tar.gz
>
> The pgp signature is also available:
>
>   http://people.apache.org/~joes/libapreq2-2.06-dev-rc4.tar.gz.asc

I don't think the commit I made today for library/t/at.h,
changing the printing of AT_skip() from "not ok" to "ok",
made it into the above. Or perhaps the above link is to an
earlier tarball?

--
best regards,
randy

Re: [VOTE] libapreq2-2.06-dev-rc4

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.
"Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com> writes:

> Joe Schaefer wrote:
>> Still, candidates require majority votes from committers (actually
>> pmc members) to be properly
>> released by the ASF.
> Speaking of which is the PMC for apreq even listed anywhere ?

We're a subproject of httpd.  Haven't you read the README file yet
(just teasing)?  All the httpd folks are already committers
on this project, and the httpd pmc is formally responsible
for overseeing our work on apreq.  The oversight mechanism
is how the ASF extends its umbrella of protection, should
it ever start to rain in these parts.

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Still, candidates require majority votes from
> committers (actually pmc members) to be properly
> released by the ASF.
Speaking of which is the PMC for apreq even listed anywhere ?

I know you're on it, and I've seen Max Kellerman commit something
and Geoffery Young did one commit.  But I've no clue.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.

Posted by Fred Moyer <fr...@taperfriendlymusic.org>.

Re: [VOTE] libapreq2-2.06-dev #5

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.
Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com> writes:

> This is candidate #5, and hopefully the last.
> Please test & vote for tomorrow's release of:
>
>   http://people.apache.org/~joes/libapreq2-2.06-dev.tar.gz
>
> The pgp signature is also available:
>
>   http://people.apache.org/~joes/libapreq2-2.06-dev.tar.gz.asc
>
> Thanks for your patience!

+1, tested on debian amd64 and sarge.

--
Joe Schaefer

Re: [VOTE] libapreq2-2.06-dev #5

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Tue, 19 Jul 2005, Joe Schaefer wrote:

> Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> writes:
>
> > On Tue, 19 Jul 2005, Joe Schaefer wrote:
> >>
> >> This is candidate #5, and hopefully the last.
> >> Please test & vote for tomorrow's release of:
> >>
> >>   http://people.apache.org/~joes/libapreq2-2.06-dev.tar.gz
> >>
> >> The pgp signature is also available:
> >>
> >>   http://people.apache.org/~joes/libapreq2-2.06-dev.tar.gz.asc
> >
> > +1; tested on Win32 (perl-5.8.7) with Apache/2.0.54.
> >
> > By the way, I tried verifying the signature:
> >
> > gpg: WARNING: using insecure memory!
> > gpg: please see http://www.gnupg.org/faq.html for more information
> > gpg: Signature made Tue 19 Jul 2005 09:25:49 PM CDT using DSA key ID F8B0462F
> > gpg: Good signature from "Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>"
> > gpg:                 aka "Joe Schaefer <jo...@apache.org>"
> > gpg: Note: This key has expired!
> > Primary key fingerprint: 984F B335 0C1D 5C7A 3282  255B B31B 213D 208F 5064
> >      Subkey fingerprint: 8BD8 88D6 46A5 7ACC ED82  E32E 366D 6916 F8B0 462F
> >
> > which says the key has expired. I got the key from
> >    http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/KEYS
> > Is there a more recent one?
>
> How long ago?  I updated KEYS earlier today.
> My new key (really the same key, but the expiration
> date has changed) should be in there now. Otherwise
> grab it from
>
>     http://people.apache.org/~joes/newkey

I imported KEYS just before I sent that message, but perhaps
the change hadn't propagated yet. In any case, ~joes/newkey
works in verifying the signature- thanks!

--
best regards,
randy

Re: [VOTE] libapreq2-2.06-dev #5

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.

Re: [VOTE] libapreq2-2.06-dev #5

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.

Re: [VOTE] libapreq2-2.06-dev #5

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Joe Schaefer wrote:
 > This is candidate #5, and hopefully the last.
 > Please test & vote for tomorrow's release of:
 >
 >   http://people.apache.org/~joes/libapreq2-2.06-dev.tar.gz
Well even though it doesn't count, I'll still give a +1 :)

	all tests pass

FreeBSD 5.4 / i386
perl 5.8.7 no ithreads
httpd 2.0.54 apr not threaded