Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Lin Ma <li...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/05 18:28:36 UTC

replication factor

Hello guys,

I want to learn a bit more when we need to change (increase/decrease)
replication factor for better performance, and also want to learn a bit
more internals about how replication factor works, and pros/cons for
larger/smaller replication factors, for example, deploy static model/config
file for Hadoop jobs, whether larger replication factor is better?
Unfortunately, I cannot find related materials by search. Appreciate if
anyone could point me some good documents.

thanks in advance,
Lin

Re: replication factor

Posted by Nicolas Liochon <nk...@gmail.com>.