Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de> on 2005/09/07 14:11:32 UTC

[email] commons-email 1.0-RC8 available

Due to the requests from Stephen, Niall and some remarks on the users
list about using commons-email in J2EE environments, I've applied the
patches that they contributed and verified that commons-email indeed
builds and works with JDK 1.3.x and Javamail 1.2 using both the maven
and the ant build.

I've built a new release candidate using JDK 1.3.1: commons-email-1.0-rc8

Get it (and also source and binary distributions) from

http://people.apache.org/~henning/commons-email/

I also redeployed the commons-email site; the updated docs should be
available from jakarta.apache.org in a few hours.

If there are no further objections, I think that we should restart the
vote ASAP.

	Best regards
		Henning

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42

Re: Fwd: [email] commons-email 1.0-RC8 available

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com> writes:

>FYI all.

Thanks Dion.

[...]

>builds and works with JDK 1.3.x and Javamail 1.2 using both the maven
>and the ant build.

I'd especially interested in hearing a success/failure report from the guy
who tried c-e in a J2EE 1.3 environment (Weblogic 8.1 I think) and ran into
the "InternetAddress.validate() - Method not found" problem.

	Best regards
		Henning

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42

Fwd: [email] commons-email 1.0-RC8 available