Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org> on 2004/06/30 01:35:25 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-apreq-2/glue/perl/xsbuilder/maps apreq_functions.map

> Despite my past grumblings to the contrary

> add back tempnam() support, per user request.

this isn't the worst thing in the world - I have used this feature before
and it was kinda nice to have it.  of course, I could have lived without it
too, but it's the users we need to keep happy ;)

--Geoff

Re: cvs commit: httpd-apreq-2/glue/perl/xsbuilder/maps apreq_functions.map

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.
Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org> writes:

> > Despite my past grumblings to the contrary
>
> > add back tempnam() support, per user request.
>
> this isn't the worst thing in the world - I have used this feature
> before and it was kinda nice to have it.  of course, I could have
> lived without it too, but it's the users we need to keep happy ;)

Yup- since we're downplaying the new brigade API for uploads,
it looks like we're going to wind up with a very small
deprecation list for libapreq-1.4:

  Apache::Upload::next()
  Apache::Cookie::parse()

AFAICT the only things left to implement in the perl API
are DISABLE_UPLOADS, HOOK_DATA, and UPLOAD_HOOK.  Once those
are done, I suggest we start preparing for a libapreq-1.4 release
to notify 1.X users of the relevant API changes.

--
Joe Schaefer