Posted to dev@vxquery.apache.org by Till Westmann <ti...@westmann.org> on 2013/10/01 03:31:54 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache VXQuery Incubating 0.2

Please verify and vote on the third release candidate for our first release apache-vxquery-0.2-incubating.

The tag to be voted on is

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/vxquery/tags/apache-vxquery-0.2-incubating/

The artifacts, signatures, md5, and sha1 are at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachevxquery-109/org/apache/vxquery/apache-vxquery/0.2-incubating/apache-vxquery-0.2-incubating-source-release.zip
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachevxquery-109/org/apache/vxquery/apache-vxquery/0.2-incubating/apache-vxquery-0.2-incubating-source-release.zip.asc
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachevxquery-109/org/apache/vxquery/apache-vxquery/0.2-incubating/apache-vxquery-0.2-incubating-source-release.zip.md5
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachevxquery-109/org/apache/vxquery/apache-vxquery/0.2-incubating/apache-vxquery-0.2-incubating-source-release.zip.sha1

The RAT report is at:

http://people.apache.org/~tillw/apache-vxquery-0.2-incubating/rat-report.txt

and the KEYS file containing the PGP keys used to sign the release can currently be found at

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/vxquery/KEYS

The ASF's policy on release can be found here

http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release

Please vote
[ ] +1 release this package as apache-vxquery-0.2-incubating
[ ] -1 do not release this package because ...

Thanks,
Till

Re: Binary artifacts

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
I'm just reviewing now if you can wait a mo, or I'll just vote on general@.

  ...ant

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachevxquery-128/org/apache/vxquery/apache-vxquery-core/0.2-incubating/

Re: Binary artifacts

Posted by Vinayak Borkar <vi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Binary artifacts (was: [VOTE] Release Apache VXQuery Incubating 0.2)

Posted by Till <ti...@westmann.org>.
We can certainly discuss both points.

For the binary release I think that it would make a lot more sense for the next
release, as we'll have better support to distribute to different machines. For
the version that we just voted on, this is still completely manual.

For the format of the archives I shifted from "as many as possible" (for the
first RC) to "just one" because it seemed wasteful to deal with many formats as
long as we don't have the right content. If we get this release out (and have
the right content) we can certainly go back to more archive formats.

Till

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Till Westmann <ti...@westmann.org>.
Hi Jochen,

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Till Westmann <ti...@westmann.org>.
Hi Jochen,

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache VXQuery Incubating 0.2

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Till Westmann <ti...@westmann.org>.
+1

Posted by Vinayak Borkar <vi...@gmail.com>.
The build looks good.

+1

Vinayak

[CANCEL] [VOTE] Release Apache VXQuery Incubating 0.2

Posted by Till <ti...@westmann.org>.
I'm canceling this vote to create a new RC.

Till

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Till <ti...@westmann.org>.

Posted by Vinayak Borkar <vi...@gmail.com>.