Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Julien Poffet <ju...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/25 16:21:00 UTC

Clustering

Hi,

I was wondering if clustering can work without a shared DB. I mean it is
possible to use a File System Persistence Manager, which will use a shared
directory between the cluster? In addition the clusters node will of course
use a datastore.

The point is that read/write to my database decrease considerably  the
performances. So I was thinking that the a PM which use a shared directory
among the cluster might be faster... Am I wrong?

Cheers,
Julien

Re: Clustering

Posted by Thomas Müller <th...@day.com>.
Hi,

The Jackrabbit file system persistence manager does not support
clustering. Anyway it is not recommended for production - see also
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ#Bundle_File-System_PM

There is a commercial option: Day CRX. The default persistence manager
of CRX, Tar PM, is file based and supports clustering. It is very
fast. I can recommend it :-) Well I'm one of the developers.

Regards,
Thomas