Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com> on 2015/04/24 02:26:30 UTC

Let's set Assignee for Fixed JIRAs

Following my comment earlier that "I think we set Assignee for Fixed
JIRAs consistently", I found there are actually 880 counter examples.
Lots of them are old, and I'll try to fix as many that are recent (for
the 1.4.0 release credits) as I can stand to click through.

Let's set Assignee after resolving consistently though. In various
ways I've heard that people do really like the bit of credit, and I
don't think anybody disputed setting Assignee *after* it was resolved
as a way of giving credit.

People who know they're missing a credit are welcome to ping me
directly to get it fixed.

Re: Let's set Assignee for Fixed JIRAs

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.
Permission to change project roles is restricted to admins / PMC,
naturally. I don't know if it's documented beyond this that Gavin
helpfully pasted:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SPARK/Jira+Permissions+Scheme

Another option is to make the list of people who you can assign to
include "Anyone". You'd get all of Apache in the list, so I assume
that's why it isn't the default, but might be the easier thing at this
point in Spark. I had to add 6 new people just now while assigning ~40
JIRAs.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 5:47 PM, Hari Shreedharan <hshreedharan@cloudera.com

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Shivaram Venkataraman <sh...@eecs.berkeley.edu>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 5:26 PM, Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Following my comment earlier that "I think we set Assignee for Fixed
> JIRAs consistently", I found there are actually 880 counter examples.
> Lots of them are old, and I'll try to fix as many that are recent (for
> the 1.4.0 release credits) as I can stand to click through.
>
> Let's set Assignee after resolving consistently though. In various
> ways I've heard that people do really like the bit of credit, and I
> don't think anybody disputed setting Assignee *after* it was resolved
> as a way of giving credit.
>
> People who know they're missing a credit are welcome to ping me
> directly to get it fixed.

+1, this will help with giving people the "bit of credit", but I guess it
also helps on recognizing the community contributors towards becoming
committers much easier.