Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Zsolt Koppany <zk...@web.de> on 2001/08/06 09:09:08 UTC

Hi,
I could configure and use tomcat-3.2.3 with SSL (standalone). My question is whether I can check in a servlet whether SSL has been enabled on the server?
What I plan to do: the user comes to a page (over the port 8080) and when SSL is enabled I want to add an SSL link that he can switch to SSL login thus he does not have to know the SSL port number.

Zsolt
--
Zsolt Koppany
Intland GmbH www.intland.com

Re:

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, Zsolt Koppany wrote:

> Hi, I could configure and use tomcat-3.2.3 with SSL (standalone). My
> question is whether I can check in a servlet whether SSL has been
> enabled on the server? What I plan to do: the user comes to a page
> (over the port 8080) and when SSL is enabled I want to add an SSL link
> that he can switch to SSL login thus he does not have to know the SSL
> port number.

There is nothing in the servlet API that lets you find this out.  I would
suggest adding an initialization parameter to your web app that passes the
SSL port number to your servlet.  The lack of this port number would be an
indication that your "log in through SSL" link should not be created.

> Zsolt

Craig McClanahan