Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by TimJim <ti...@att.net> on 2009/03/28 18:30:09 UTC

Problem with AJAX/JSON calls

Hi,

This has me stumped -- any help would be appreciated.

I am writing a load agent to hit a web application that uses AJAX/JSON
calls.

>From the browser I get:

Get mainPage  --- > returns an HTML form
Post mainPage/getData --->  returns a JSON object

>From the Agent which uses HTTPClient

Get mailPage ---> returns the same HTML page
POST MainPage/getData ---> returns an HTML page that looks like the
original one

I have verified that the enclosed payload on the POSTs are identical and
all headers are identical (except for a ASP authentication token stored
as a cookie, which is caught internally by HTTPClient.  This  appears to
vary but does not create any problems with any of the other page calls).

The only thing I can think of is that some connection is being closed
that should not be (or vice-versa)

Both requests have a "Connection: Keep-Alive" header and the POSTs have
a "Content-Type:  application/json" header.

I have no easy access to the third-party server-side application.

Tim