Posted to dev@superset.apache.org by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/26 05:39:02 UTC

React, Apache and Superset!

Superset community,

As you know, Superset was in limbo at the Apache Software foundation
because of the [unapproved] patents clause in attached to the React license.

Now that FB has committed to release the next version of React (16) under a
vanilla MIT license
<https://code.facebook.com/posts/300798627056246/relicensing-react-jest-flow-and-immutable-js/>,
Superset can flourish at the ASF.

We're planning on crafting our first Apache release soon after React 16
gets released.

After all the uncertainty and doubt, it's great to see the sky clear up and
be able to focus on writing great software!

Max

Re: React, Apache and Superset!

Posted by Jeff Feng <je...@airbnb.com.INVALID>.
Very exciting indeed!  We can focus on delivering great features again.

--

*Jeff Feng*
Product Manager

Re: React, Apache and Superset!