Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Geoff Longman <gl...@intelligentworks.com> on 2003/02/04 16:21:18 UTC

Log4j question - Spindle requirement?

I have to rebuild tapestry, commons-logging and log4j for Spindle as there is a clash in the versions of the org.w3c and sax stuff used by crimson vs. xerces.
Otherwise, there are Eclipse classloader problems that prevent Tapestry classes from loading (that is a very condensed explanation of  something that has had me pulling my hair out for two days).

There is the option of building log4j *without* mail, jmx, and jms support. I think I can forgo this support as my log4j jar will be used only in Spindle. Any reason this assumption is screwed?

Geoff

Geoffrey Longman
Intelligent Works Inc.