Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Shakya Wijerama <sh...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/02 23:12:17 UTC

Re: Applying for GSOC 2012 under Apache Xerces

Hello Michael,

I have completed my proposal to some extent and there are a few things to
clarify. I am not much familiar with custom entity resolver. Can you
briefly explain me the idea of that and how we can apply it in the project.

I have used the name for the project as it is in JIRA. It is more like bug
name and I think it is better to change the name as "Validating against
multiple XMl schemas with same namespace". What do you suggest for this?

I have not fully completed the proposal yet and there are some
modifications to be done. So I can complete the rest with your feedback and
submit it to Google tomorrow (since the deadline is 6th of April).

Note:  I have attached the proposal herewith..

Thanks.

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Shakya,

Congratulations! Looking forward to working with you over the summer.

Thanks.

Michael Glavassevich
XML Technologies and WAS Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org

Shakya Wijerama <sh...@gmail.com> wrote on 23/04/2012 03:34:51
PM:

<shakya.wijerama@gmail.com

<mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
> > wrote:
> Hello Shakya,
>
> Shakya Wijerama <sh...@gmail.com> wrote on 03/04/2012 06:53:59
PM:

> > Hello Michael,
> >
> > I have completed my proposal and submitted it to Google under Apache
> > Software Foundation. I have attached the proposal as a PDF file with
> > this mail. Can you give me a feedback on it so I can change the
> > proposal before the deadline (April 6th)?
>

> I've read through your proposal. This looks really great.
>
> One thing you might want to expand on is the synthetic schema
> example and how that might look when there are multiple namespaces
involved.

> For instance, given a Source[] containing:
>
> a.xsd :: targetNamespace = n
> b.xsd :: targetNamespace = n
> c.xsd :: targetNamespace = m
> d.xsd :: targetNamespace = m
>
> ==================================
>
> You would need two levels of generated schemas. For example:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
> <xs:import schemaLocation="generated1.xsd"/>
> <xs:import schemaLocation="generated2.xsd"/>
> </xs:schema>
>
> generated1.xsd:
targetNamespace="n">
> <xs:include schemaLocation="a.xsd"/>