Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by "Kadlabalu, Hareesh" <ha...@fatwire.com> on 2005/07/11 21:10:18 UTC

Externally configurable HttpParams

Hi all,

I am trying to build a framework where HttpParams can be configured
externally. That is, I want to provide a set of property files, one for each
level of the hierarchy and one for each http method type. The properties are
read at run time and are applied to respective types (HttpClient,
HttpConnectionManager, HttpConnection, HostConfiguration and HttpMethod).

I am just wondering if I am duplicating some work that already exists. That
is, some way to externally configure preferences (through property files,
Java preferences will not work for me). I read went through the FAQ and
"Preferences Architecture" section of the User Guide. Have I missed
something?

If any of you have ideas along these lines, your input is highly valued.

Thanks

-Hareesh