Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by pe...@systor.com on 2000/06/13 09:07:37 UTC

Problem with shared object built with xerces-c C++

----- Forwarded by Peter Buss/T031377/SYSTOR on 13.06.2000 09:07 -----
|--------+--------------------------->
|        |                Peter Buss |
|        |                           |
|        |                09.06.2000 |
|        |                     14:53 |
|        |                           |
|        |                           |
|        |                           |
|        |                           |
|        |                           |
|        |                      6202 |
|        |                     Room: |
|        |                   AEV56/4 |
|        |                       /20 |
|        |                  OU Name: |
|        |                   DM CORE |
|        |                           |
|        |                           |
|--------+--------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |    To: xerces-c-dev-help@xml.apache.org                               |
  |    cc:                                                                |
  |    bcc:                                                               |
  |   Subject:                              Problem with shared object    |
  |        built with xerces-c C++                                        |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------|

I'm building an application with shared objects (library's) using C++.
I have run into the problem that an (test) executable using my
shared object core dumps. dbx gives me the following output :

Reading symbolic information for coolgen_client
core file header read successfully
Reading symbolic information for rtld /usr/lib/ld.so.1
dbx: program is not active
Reading symbolic information for libCoolgen.so
Reading symbolic information for libm.so.1
Reading symbolic information for libC.so.5
Reading symbolic information for libw.so.1
Reading symbolic information for libc.so.1
Reading symbolic information for libxerces-c1_1.so
Reading symbolic information for libisi.so.2
Reading symbolic information for libdl.so.1
Reading symbolic information for libnsl.so.1
Reading symbolic information for libsocket.so.1
Reading symbolic information for libldap.so
Reading symbolic information for liblber.so
Reading symbolic information for libmp.so.2
Reading symbolic information for libc_psr.so.1
program terminated by signal SEGV (no mapping at the fault address)
Current function is XMLString::transcode
  518       return gTranscoder->transcode(toTranscode);
(dbx)

I have already downloaded the sources and built the
xerces-c library which is also a shared object but it
did'nt solve the problem completely. The program only ran
a little further.

Peter