Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Aaron X Bell <aa...@jpmorgan.com> on 2008/10/30 22:58:03 UTC

Re: import file from other modules

François Xavier Gendrin wrote:

> I'm searching a way to include files (shell script, properties files,
> etc.) from an another module, and I didn't know how to do it.

This can be achieved more reliably using a dependencySet in your assembly.
Declare the module you want to include as a dependency, and tell Maven to
unpack it into our destination. Try this:

<dependencySets>
    <dependencySet>
      <outputDirectory>src/othermodules</outputDirectory>

      <unpack>true</unpack>
      <unpackOptions>
bringing in a jar, exclude meta -->
        <!-- can filter here if we need -->