Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Christian Edward Gruber <ch...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/13 20:56:36 UTC

POJO tests fixture setup and tear-down (Was: Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Release Maven Surefire version 2.4.3)

Congrats.

Moving on to future efforts, I added the final step in support for
setup/teardown of fixture in the PojoTestSet.  I logged this bug (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-498
) [with patch supplied] and called it a bug since everything was
prepped as if it would execute fixture methods, but it has empty
implementation from the appropriate invoker methods.   So I hijacked
the "find test* methods" process to also look for "setUp" and
"tearDown" and stored them for later execution by these invoker
methods.  I also put in some docs for this in the plugin .apt files.
I'd really love to see it included in the next version, as it's not a
big change, but really makes my tests cleaner.

regards,
Christian.

Re: POJO tests fixture setup and tear-down (Was: Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Release Maven Surefire version 2.4.3)

Posted by Christian Edward Gruber <ch...@gmail.com>.
Very constrained environment.  No 1.5 and preferences for fewer
imports.  Probably not a big deal, but I was doing a fairly narrow
thing for a client, and JUnit and TestNG both added complexity to what
I was doing.  Probably won't ever use them again, but I mostly can't
see the advantage of JUnit over POJO in maven, except for UI
convenience.  TestNG, on the other hand, can do thread-pooled tests,
so I will often use that.

Christian.

Posted by Dan Fabulich <da...@fabulich.com>.