Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Noah Silverman <no...@allresearch.com> on 2006/03/21 21:49:57 UTC

[users@httpd] Weird Crashes

Hello,

I have a very strange situation here.

I installed Apache 2.2.0
I installed php 4.4.2

Apache works great, but whenever I try to load a php page in a
browser, apache immediately seg-faults.  no error message is produced.

THIS IS A MISSION CRITICAL PROBLEM!!

Can anybody help??

Thanks,

-N

Re: [users@httpd] Weird Crashes

Posted by Michael Crute <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 3/21/06, Noah Silverman <no...@allresearch.com> wrote:
> VERY interesting idea.
>
> I didn't compile mysql.  I just have a pre-compiled version that I
> downloaded a while back.
>
> I did indicate "--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql" when I configured
> php.  Do you think that I need more?

That would probably be your issue. I'm pretty sure that you need to
have the mysql source code on your system, or at least the header
files. Try getting those and recompiling PHP.

-Mike

--
________________________________
Michael E. Crute

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
--Douglas Adams

Re: [users@httpd] Weird Crashes

Posted by Noah Silverman <no...@allresearch.com>.
VERY interesting idea.

Posted by ht...@karsites.net.

Posted by Noah Silverman <no...@allresearch.com>.
Thanks Keith,

Posted by Noah Silverman <no...@allresearch.com>.
I tried to downgrade and it didn't work.  The EXACT same problem
persists.

-N

Posted by Noah Silverman <no...@allresearch.com>.

Posted by Noah Silverman <no...@allresearch.com>.