Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Rahul P Akolkar <ak...@us.ibm.com> on 2005/08/09 02:05:07 UTC

[VOTE] Status of each Taglib in new Jakarta project

Now that the VOTE for the future of the Taglibs project as a whole has
concluded, I think there is another bit that we should close on at the
earliest. Some have indicated their preference for a flat hierarchy in the
new project [1] [2] , where each Taglib retains a sub-project status. I
feel a formal VOTE thread on this subject is now appropriate.

Each Taglibs Project should retain a sub-project status in the new Jakarta
project
[ ] +1 Ofcourse
[ ] + 0 OK
[ ] -1 Definitely not, we need an intermediate "umbrella" (would be nice
if you indicate why you'd like that)

I am +1.

-Rahul

[1] Opinions on general@ [
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-general&m=112352904420413&w=2 ] -
this and the next 3 emails in the thread
[2] My opinion from the earlier vote thread [
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=taglibs-dev&m=112145936319787&w=2 ]

Re: [VOTE] Status of each Taglib in new Jakarta project

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 8/9/05, Felipe Leme <ja...@felipeal.net> wrote:
> Rahul,
>
> I agree with Martin - we (the Jakarta Taglib Project) did our part and
> decided we want to join the project; how our code will be incorporated
> there is their part now (by their I mean the new project - of course,
> that could include us as developers, but not us as Jakarta Taglibs Project).
<snip/>

OK, I'll bring this up with earnest when the new lists are created.

-Rahul

Re: [VOTE] Status of each Taglib in new Jakarta project

Posted by Felipe Leme <ja...@felipeal.net>.
Rahul,

I agree with Martin - we (the Jakarta Taglib Project) did our part and
decided we want to join the project; how our code will be incorporated
there is their part now (by their I mean the new project - of course,
that could include us as developers, but not us as Jakarta Taglibs Project).

-- Felipe

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.

--
Martin Cooper