Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by QUALITEC - Óscar Bou <ob...@qualitec.es> on 2014/09/12 08:11:03 UTC

Swagger - API description standard. Relevant for Restful Objects?

Hi to all,

I've just recently discovered the Swagger specification.

There's an intro here [1], the full specification implementation can be found on [2] and a good example at [3].

It seems a commonly accepted way to describe REST-based APIs.

So perhaps it could be a great complement to current RestfulObjects specification.

Regards,

Oscar

[1] http://www.infoworld.com/t/web-services/swagger-aims-become-the-de-facto-standard-apis-250196?source=IFWNLE_nlt_stradev_2014-09-11

[2] https://github.com/wordnik/swagger-spec

[3] http://petstore.swagger.wordnik.com

Re: Swagger - API description standard. Relevant for Restful Objects?

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
I did a bit of work this morning on our long mothballed isis-maven-plugin,
and got it working.

So it's now possible to spin up the Isis metamodel within mvn.

My original use case was to perform metamodel validation, eg detecting
misspelt supporting methods, this is what I got going.

But now we have a metamodel, it should be relatively straightforward to
define additional goals, such as "swagger" (and "raml" is another) to
generate their corresponding config files.

And I am sure many other ideas will occur to us.

Anyway, will tidy up what's there in the isis-maven-plugin, then do a bit
of playing around with swagger.

Cheers
Dan

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.