Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David Johnson <ch...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/15 18:42:59 UTC

nested within a Help!

Hi all

I have the following, with the goal being to allow the user to select
multiple portfolios, which I can then access in the action class.

JSP:
<c:forEach var="portfolio" items="${userPortfolios}">
property="userPortfolio" />
   <c:out value="${portfolio.portfolioName}"/><br>
</c:forEach>

this prints out a checkbox, then thename of the current portfolio from
the "userPortfolios" collection.

The problem is that in the rendered HTML the portfolioName is not
being printed, only the following (from log.info in the Action Class)

user selected portfolioID=<c:out value='${portfolio.portfolioName}'/>

the Question is:
Should I be using the c:forEach here or would I have more luck using
the Struts <logic:iterate> tag.... would they play more nicely
together?

--
-Dave
ChaChaNY@Gmail.com

Re: nested within a Help!

Posted by David Johnson <ch...@gmail.com>.
Also

if I'm using the Struts-EL version of the tags do I simply REMOVE the
references to the old struts tags, or is it proper for them to
coexist? I assume they ca coexist since not all of them have been
ported.

-D

--
-Dave
ChaChaNY@Gmail.com

Re: nested within a Help!

Posted by David Johnson <ch...@gmail.com>.
This looks like exactly what I need. I cant seem to find the proper
home page for the struts-el subproject however. I assume I need

struts-bean-el.tld
struts-html-el.tld
struts-logic-el.tld
struts-el.jar

Anyone using this that can give me a starting point?

On 4/15/05, gdeschen@cmhc-schl.gc.ca <gd...@cmhc-schl.gc.ca> wrote:
> Here is what I know:
> http://struts.apache.org/faqs/struts-el.html
> http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/building_view.html section 3.4.6.
>
> HTH,
> Glenn
>
> David Johnson <ch...@gmail.com>
> 15/04/2005 12:52 PM
> Please respond to "Struts Users Mailing List"

>        cc:     (bcc: Glenn Deschenes/NAT/CMHC-SCHL/CA)
>
>        Subject:        Re: <html:multibox> nested within a <c:forEach>
> Help!
> Classification:
>
> Are there any resources you can point me to?
>
> On 4/15/05, gdeschen@cmhc-schl.gc.ca <gd...@cmhc-schl.gc.ca> wrote:
> > David,
> >
> > Sounds like the same thing I was having fun with yesterday.
> > I'm just back into the code... seems like the best would be Struts-EL
> > tags.
> >
> > I have not looked into how to use them in the current environment
> > (WebSphere Studio Application Developer).
> >
> > - Glenn
> >
> > David Johnson <ch...@gmail.com>
> > 15/04/2005 12:42 PM
> > Please respond to "Struts Users Mailing List"

> >        cc:     (bcc: Glenn Deschenes/NAT/CMHC-SCHL/CA)
> >
> >        Subject:        <html:multibox> nested within a <c:forEach> Help!
> > Classification:
> >

> > Hi all
> >
> > I have the following, with the goal being to allow the user to select
> > multiple portfolios, which I can then access in the action class.
> >
> > JSP:
> > <c:forEach var="portfolio" items="${userPortfolios}">
> > property="userPortfolio" />
> >   <c:out value="${portfolio.portfolioName}"/><br>
> > </c:forEach>
> >
> > this prints out a checkbox, then thename of the current portfolio from
> > the "userPortfolios" collection.
> >
> > The problem is that in the rendered HTML the portfolioName is not
> > being printed, only the following (from log.info in the Action Class)
> >
> > user selected portfolioID=<c:out value='${portfolio.portfolioName}'/>
> >
> > the Question is:
> > Should I be using the c:forEach here or would I have more luck using
> > the Struts <logic:iterate> tag.... would they play more nicely
> > together?
> >
> > --
> > -Dave
> > ChaChaNY@Gmail.com

> -Dave
> ChaChaNY@Gmail.com

-Dave
ChaChaNY@Gmail.com

Re: nested within a Help!

Posted by gd...@cmhc-schl.gc.ca.

        Subject:        Re: <html:multibox> nested within a <c:forEach>
Help!
 Classification:

Are there any resources you can point me to?

On 4/15/05, gdeschen@cmhc-schl.gc.ca <gd...@cmhc-schl.gc.ca> wrote:
> David,
>
> Sounds like the same thing I was having fun with yesterday.
> I'm just back into the code... seems like the best would be Struts-EL
> tags.
>
> I have not looked into how to use them in the current environment
> (WebSphere Studio Application Developer).
>
> - Glenn
>
> David Johnson <ch...@gmail.com>
> 15/04/2005 12:42 PM
> Please respond to "Struts Users Mailing List"

>        cc:     (bcc: Glenn Deschenes/NAT/CMHC-SCHL/CA)
>
>        Subject:        <html:multibox> nested within a <c:forEach> Help!
> Classification:
>

> Hi all
>
> I have the following, with the goal being to allow the user to select
> multiple portfolios, which I can then access in the action class.
>
> JSP:
> <c:forEach var="portfolio" items="${userPortfolios}">
> property="userPortfolio" />
>   <c:out value="${portfolio.portfolioName}"/><br>
> </c:forEach>
>
> this prints out a checkbox, then thename of the current portfolio from
> the "userPortfolios" collection.
>
> The problem is that in the rendered HTML the portfolioName is not
> being printed, only the following (from log.info in the Action Class)
>
> user selected portfolioID=<c:out value='${portfolio.portfolioName}'/>
>
> the Question is:
> Should I be using the c:forEach here or would I have more luck using
> the Struts <logic:iterate> tag.... would they play more nicely
> together?
>
> --
> -Dave
> ChaChaNY@Gmail.com

-Dave
ChaChaNY@Gmail.com

Re: nested within a Help!

Posted by David Johnson <ch...@gmail.com>.
Are there any resources you can point me to?

On 4/15/05, gdeschen@cmhc-schl.gc.ca <gd...@cmhc-schl.gc.ca> wrote:
> David,
>
> Sounds like the same thing I was having fun with yesterday.
> I'm just back into the code... seems like the best would be Struts-EL
> tags.
>
> I have not looked into how to use them in the current environment
> (WebSphere Studio Application Developer).
>
> - Glenn
>
> David Johnson <ch...@gmail.com>
> 15/04/2005 12:42 PM
> Please respond to "Struts Users Mailing List"

>        cc:     (bcc: Glenn Deschenes/NAT/CMHC-SCHL/CA)
>
>        Subject:        <html:multibox> nested within a <c:forEach> Help!
> Classification:
>

> Hi all
>
> I have the following, with the goal being to allow the user to select
> multiple portfolios, which I can then access in the action class.
>
> JSP:
> <c:forEach var="portfolio" items="${userPortfolios}">
> property="userPortfolio" />
>   <c:out value="${portfolio.portfolioName}"/><br>
> </c:forEach>
>
> this prints out a checkbox, then thename of the current portfolio from
> the "userPortfolios" collection.
>
> The problem is that in the rendered HTML the portfolioName is not
> being printed, only the following (from log.info in the Action Class)
>
> user selected portfolioID=<c:out value='${portfolio.portfolioName}'/>
>
> the Question is:
> Should I be using the c:forEach here or would I have more luck using
> the Struts <logic:iterate> tag.... would they play more nicely
> together?
>
> --
> -Dave
> ChaChaNY@Gmail.com