Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Mahendra Babu <ba...@geometricsoftware.com> on 2001/01/30 15:26:09 UTC

Help needed...Passing object as parameter.

Hi All,

In the addressbook example we have an object of AddressBook being passed as
a parameter.

In a similar fashion I am trying to send an object of my class Numbers. But
the values
for the member variables which I set on the client side seem to get lost on
the server
side.

Please do advise.

The Numbers class is as follows,

package samples.addressbook;

public class Numbers

{

private int x;

private int y;

public Numbers()

{

}

public Numbers(int a, int b)

{

this.x = a;

this.y = b;

}

public int getX()

{

return this.x;

}

public int getY()

{

return this.y;

}

public String toString()

{

return x + " " + y;

}

Thanks in advance,

Mahendra Babu

Re: Help needed...Passing object as parameter.

Posted by Mahendra Babu <ba...@geometricsoftware.com>.
Hi,

I tried using the BeanSerializer as below,

SOAPMappingRegistry smr = new SOAPMappingRegistry();

BeanSerializer beanSer = new BeanSerializer();

smr.mapTypes( Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC,new
QName("urn:xml-soap-address-demo", "numbers"),

                             Numbers.class, beanSer, beanSer);

I set the values of the member variables x and y as 5 and 6. But when I pass
the parameter, on the

client side the values of both x and y become 0.

I have attached the PutAddress.java file and the Numbers.java file with this
mail.

Thanks,

Mahendra Babu

Posted by Mahendra Babu <ba...@geometricsoftware.com>.