Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Doherty, Michael" <Mi...@lehman.COM> on 2002/11/04 13:53:07 UTC

no-break space in unicode font

I am producing pdfs that contain Japanese characters (among others).
Accordingly, I have created a font xml file from osaka.unicode.ttf to embed
in the pdf files.  This works (ie produces Japanese characters) but now I
find that no-break space characters (unicode 160 decimal; 00A0 in hex) are
not correctly handled.  I usually get the 'unkown' unicode character in
their place (a square outline) but sometimes get other, apparently unrelated
characters.

Has anybody else experienced something similar?  Are there any known
solutions?  Can the font be manipulated to solve the problem?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Michael