Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Johannes Wolfgang Woger <wo...@chello.at> on 2002/04/04 21:03:55 UTC

connection pool not refreshing

Hi,
I have a small struts application that
writes into and reads from an InterBase
Database via an interclient jdbc driver.
I tried both PoolMan and the DataSource
provided by ActionServlet itself.

In both cases the real state of the database
is not shown up in the application if the table
was altered manually with isql (like sqlplus in oracle)
DataSource refreshes after Tomcat was restarted
but PoolMan does not. The cacheEnabled is false
and if I set it true and set the cacheRefrechInterval to 10
poolman's log-file tells me that is is refreshing.
Nevertheless the data from SELECT * FROM myTable
stay the same. Only input from the struts-application is
shown.
If this is a normal behavior how will I intraduce already
existing data to the application ?

I am using tomcat 402 and poolman 2.1-b1
what can I do?

Wolfgang