Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by ccp999 <cc...@hotmail.com> on 2012/03/23 08:15:13 UTC

ScrollPane usage problem

Hi,

I was trying to use ScrollPane inside Accordion panels to display a list
view of data.
in my bxml file,

<Accordion bxml:id="centerAccordion">
<ScrollPane bxml:id="annotationsPanel" Accordion.headerData="%Annotations"
/>
</Accordion>

and inside my java file,

@BXML
protected ScrollPane annotationsPanel = null;

Component annotationPane = tabAdapter.getAnnotationPane();
annotationsPanel.add(annotationPane);

public Component getAnnotationPane() {

		BoxPane bp = new BoxPane();
		bp.setOrientation(Orientation.VERTICAL);
		bp.getStyles().put("fill", true);
		for (Annotate node : annotations) {

			BXMLSerializer bxmlSerializer = new BXMLSerializer();
			AnnotateTablePane itemRenderer;
			try {
				itemRenderer = (AnnotateTablePane) bxmlSerializer
						.readObject(getClass().getResource(
								"../thumbnail/AnnotateTablePane.bxml"));
			} catch (IOException e1) {
				return null;
			} catch (SerializationException e1) {
				return null;
			}
			bp.add(itemRenderer);
		}
		return bp;
	}

AnnotateTablePane.bxml is just a table pane with a group of components.

Despite all my effort, the content within the bp never shown up, unless I
change the ScrollPane to BoxPane. But then I will lost the view for large
list.

There must be something I missed.  Please help!

Brendan

Re: ScrollPane usage problem

Posted by Noel Grandin <no...@gmail.com>.
You can't call add(Component) on a ScrollPane.

You need to call setView(Component), and there can be only one.