Posted to dev@stdcxx.apache.org by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com> on 2008/01/21 18:51:51 UTC

time tracking in Jira

I've enabled the Time Tracking feature in Jira to help us identify
he most time-consuming areas of development and better schedule our
time. Please experiment with it and let me know how you like it or
it should be tweaked to make it more convenient.

The current Permission Scheme allows any Committer to log work done
against any issue. I haven't enabled any of the other permissions
although I suspect we might want to be able to at least Edit Our
Own Worklogs. Here's the complete list of Time Tracking Permissions:

   Permission             Enabled for Role
   ---------------------- ----------------
   Work On Issues         Committers
   Edit Own Worklogs      (none)
   Edit All Worklogs      (none)
   Delete Own Worklogs    (none)
   Delete All Worklogs    (none)

This is the Standard Permissions Scheme that we share with most
other ASF projects. Since no-one is using it yet we can tweak the
scheme a bit to suit our needs, but as other projects start making
use of it they might override our changes with theirs. If that
should ever become an issue we'll need to create our own Permission
Scheme just for stdcxx.

Here's some info on the feature:
http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/features/track.jsp

Martin

Re: time tracking in Jira

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.
Gav.... wrote:

> [...]

I just moved Travis from Contributors to Committers.

Martin

RE: time tracking in Jira

Posted by "Gav...." <br...@brightontown.com.au>.

RE: time tracking in Jira