Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by joea <jo...@j4computers.com> on 2012/04/22 15:36:51 UTC

setting up auto submit (forward to sa-learn)

Attempting to simplify my life, looked to ways to forward ham and spam to the spamassassin box and have it look a them, without further intervention on my part.

The link http://gtmp.org/pub/sa-postfix.en.html takes me to a page where there is nothing useful (AFAICT).

The next link https://po2.uni-stuttgart.de/~rusjako/sal-wrapper/ takes me to a re-direct page, where I find the sal-wrapper.pl script and enough guidance to get me going.

However, it does not deliver the mail I send it, returning a DSN.

"<addressee>: Command died with status 9:     "/usr/bin/sal-wrapper-0.2.1/sal-wrapper.pl". Command output: failed to  create IP object at /usr/bin/sal-wrapper-0.2.1/sal-wrapper.pl line 129."

I see similar in /var/log/mail.

Using postfix as the MTA.

There are some variables at the beginning of the script, that I suspect I need to define (local IP's for instance)  which I did, in guess work fashion.  I strongly suspect I do not have something configured correctly.

I have attempted to contact the author, but thought I would also ask here, in case anyone has experience with it.  Or wishes to offer advice.

Re: setting up auto submit (forward to sa-learn)

Posted by joea <jo...@j4computers.com>.

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/ReportingSpam

Re: setting up auto submit (forward to sa-learn)

Posted by Dave Funk <db...@engineering.uiowa.edu>.
On Sun, 22 Apr 2012, joea wrote:

> Attempting to simplify my life, looked to ways to forward ham and spam to the spamassassin box and have it look a them, without further intervention on my part.
>
> The link http://gtmp.org/pub/sa-postfix.en.html takes me to a page where there is nothing useful (AFAICT).

Joe,
I have no idea where you found that link, but on the http://gtmp.org wiki
site if you put postfix in the search box it will take you to the page:
  http://gtmp.org/doku.php/publications:sa-postfix-en

which appears to be what you're looking for.
The note at the top of that page may explain why you wern't finding
what you expected.

#include <std_disclaimer.h>