Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Vikram Singh Chandel <vi...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/04 08:14:58 UTC

How jumping of keys work in Fuzzy row filter

Hi

I have following understanding(correct me if i am wrong) of  fuzzy row
filter that,it takes two parameters first being row key and second being
fuzzy logic. What i understood from the corresponding java class
FuzzyRowFilter is, the filter evaluates the current row and try to compute
the next higher row key that will match the fuzzy logic(by incrementing the
non fixed position of row key) and it jumps the non matching keys.

I am unable to understand following things

1:How scan jumps certain row keys (without comparison)? Does it use Get to
get and compare the current row key

 2:How scan get to know where the next matching row key exists? without
doing a full scan(while doing jump)

--
*Regards*

*VIKRAM SINGH CHANDEL*

Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary,Reduce.
Reuse. Recycle. Save our planet.