Posted to users@camel.apache.org by hokiedeveloper <ba...@solers.com> on 2012/07/31 17:09:19 UTC

Apache Camel ZookeeperRoutePolicy

I'm using Camel 2.9 and specifically the Camel ZookeeperRoutePolicy to
control multiple instances of Zookeeper Routes across a cluster. It seems to
be working in a simplistic case, but what happens in the case of a failure
to read from the needed nodes in Zookeeper? Does or should the
ZookeeperRoutePolicy support failover URIs like a normal Zookeeper route in
camel? It seems that in the case of one Zookeeper cluster failing it would
make sense to failover to the secondary Zookeeper instance and redo the
leader election.

Re: Apache Camel ZookeeperRoutePolicy

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 5:09 PM, hokiedeveloper <ba...@solers.com> wrote:
> I'm using Camel 2.9 and specifically the Camel ZookeeperRoutePolicy to
> control multiple instances of Zookeeper Routes across a cluster. It seems to
> be working in a simplistic case, but what happens in the case of a failure
> to read from the needed nodes in Zookeeper? Does or should the
> ZookeeperRoutePolicy support failover URIs like a normal Zookeeper route in
> camel? It seems that in the case of one Zookeeper cluster failing it would
> make sense to failover to the secondary Zookeeper instance and redo the
> leader election.

Yes this sounds like a good idea. Fell free to log a JIRA ticket and
work on this improvement.

Claus Ibsen
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com